Thursday, July 7, 2011

Persistence

I grew up on the classics, Looney Tunes, 3 Stooges, and Laurel & Hardy.  I think these affected me in a multitude of ways both psychologically and mentally (yes I know)...  They each had a running theme if you looked deep enough.  Mind you I was young when these were at their heyday but I remember them vividly.  The main running theme I pulled from them is persistence.

By know you are possibly thinking I am done with this blog.  But please let me make my point and I assure you it will get you thinking.  While these classics found their beginnings in early Americana, they have yet to lose their relevance today.  They subtly implanted their messages while being entertaining and on point.  Every character in the above programs had their adversary, had a conflict, and had a desire to overcome their given scenario.

The message was never as obvious as it is in today's programming.  In fact as a viewer you had to be just as persistent to see the message through all of the goofballs and wackiness.  My life has been very much a parallel to their subtle theme of persistence.  I have worked hard for every dime, I have stayed focus and on point when needed, and I have surrounded myself with a cast of necessary people to make life enjoyable.

Being persistent can lead to great success.  Persistence is one of those qualities that many people look forward to and often get imaginary points for.  Lessons are learned, rewards are earned, and goals are met.  While the Roadrunner was always the hero, wasn't Wyle E. Coyote a stronger character?  After all he had the ingenuity, the desire, and the persistence to try to reach his goal.   While he never reached his goal he was much stronger for all the effort he put into every day.

Persistence.  Desire.  Goofball qualities.  These are all very much pillars in my life.  If you want to be the best you have to work hard.  You have heard this many times.  The question is, do you desire to be the best?  If you don't, what is holding you back?  Do you need a goofball in your life to help you along?  All these questions and more can be answered by the next mornings toons.

No comments:

Post a Comment